- Definition of functional architecture for the new solution
- Design of system architecture
- Introduction of XML as exchange format between the applications of the new process model
- Definition of assessment criteria aimed at selecting the product for document generation
- Complete management of process of integration with printing provider
- Realisation of functional analysis, build and system & integration test of application components
- Execution of roll out and tuning on operating systems
- Realisation of functional parallel for decommissioning of pre-existing systems
- Training of Telecom IT personnel for solution application maintenance activities
- Supply of backing to Telecom IT for solution operation activities
The realisation of the software is based on use of the eBilling framework called Business Communication Portal conveyed, in the case of Telecom Italia, onto HP Superdome architectures, operating on OS HP-UX 11i and connected to storage EMC2 Simmetrix DMX.
The product selected by the client for document composition was M-PReS by Printsoft integrated in BCPortal, the reference framework used by eBilling for developing the project application components.
The developed software components have enabled industrial printing in AFPDS format, the supply of a Document Management System in PDF format and the supply of eLOGS Business Process Management module integrated in Business Communication Portal.
Thanks to this architecture and the choice of technological infrastructures made, for each monthly billing cycle over 11.6 million documents are produced equal to nearly 39 million sheets in AFPDS and PDF at the same time in under 22 hours.